Bad-as, Placer, Surigao del Norte. Tldr: It was a tiring long day.

Started 0600 hours, cooked a fat-boosted breakfast. I know it will be a long day so energy is a must. I prepared my personal computer for my move. These include disconnecting the main hard drive and creating a user for the family to use. I purchased an ultrabook for the move.

Next is to set up the luggage on my motorcycle. It was an easy task, I’ve practiced a couple of times weeks before.

After everything is in place, I took a bath, then ate my fat-boosted omelet. I paired it with bulletproof coffee – dark coffee with salted butter. Yeah, more fats.

Then came saying goodbyes. Again, an easy task. I’ve been planning this move since March 2017.

It was then a one-and-a-half hour long drive to Liloan Ferry Terminal. It was 1040 hours. Fortunately, the weather was fair.

Paying and processing the ticket was a bit troublesome. I have to move back and forth between port booking and ticket office. Why would they put these two offices far apart? After 30 minutes, I was on board FastCat bound to Lipata Ferry Terminal, Surigao del Sur. It was the first time to aboard FastCat and I’m very impressed with how big it was.

It was 1210 hours when the ferry starts its journey. The 2 and a half hour journey was extended. The weather worsen when we neared Lipata. For safety, the crew decided to delay docking for more than an hour. It was a long wait. I had planned to reach Butuan City or Bayugan City before nightfall. I am fully aware that it was now impossible to reach those cities. They were 2 and 3 hours drive, respectively.

To make it worse, it started raining when we finally docked at around 1700 hours. I can travel pretty well even if the rain was pouring, I prepared a waterproof clothing for this travel. I only had an hour before nightfall. And with the rain, it’s less than an hour.

As soon as driving became troublesome, I started looking for inn or lodging. It was now raining dogs and cats. At 1830 hours, I found Tejada Inn along Bad-as, Placer, Surigao. With a decent rate – 600 for 12 hours – I settled in. The luggage and clothing were dry but my shoes is another story.

I checked Google Maps and found that it’s 7 more hours to Davao City. Tomorrow will be another story. Hopefully, the weather would be better.

So ends this day.